Tuesday, August 3, 2010

scaling those molars

A Dentist and her Dental assistantImage via Wikipedia

Picture of a scaling procedure.

I did my normal visit to the dentist this afternoon but this time it is at a government dentist clinic. I sign up as it was my first visit there and everything was normal til it was my turn at the chair.


I was okay with  no soothing music at the background. I am okay with the not so plush seat of the dentist chair. I was totally okay with dodgy looking dental space that I went into. I was just not ready for one thing when  I went walk in.


I had a dentist tending to my teeth scaling but I do not have an assistant to help me with the suction thingy as shown in the picture(the lady on the right. I was literally holding *insert proper name* the suction thingy on my own. Left hand holding that instrument while the dentist was scaling away my cavities/calculas(on my right)..sitting down while water was splashed across my face throughout.


Conclusion:

  • Never had to hold the suction thingy when I visited the dentist before and I guess I am to  pampered and bless  with the services given to me at the private dentist clinic. Had a culture shock ...hrmmm a little bit?
  • I am so  to used to people doing that for me. On the bright side, I've got cleaner set of teeth.
  • It's super duper cheaper than a private one(Like D'oh!)
  • At the end of the day, you will get the same amount of result whether you are doing it in a private clinic or a government one.



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Randomly click me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Random followers