Friday, January 8, 2010

Movie review: My Sister's Keeper


My Sister's Keeper is a novel by Jodi Picoult. The story is about the life of 13-year-old Anna Fitzgerald, who enlists the help of an attorney, Campbell Alexander, to sue her parents, Brian and Sara Fitzgerald for rights to her own body. Kate Fitzgerald, Anna's older sister, suffers from leukemia; whose parents conceived Anna through IVF, to help save Kate's life when she first falls ill. They use Anna's cord blood and through treatment, it works- until Kate relapses again and again. So Anna decides to petition for medical emancipation so she will not have to be a donor unless she wants to.
Rest assured I am not bias when I saw this movie, and I didn't even read the novel which comes from acclaim novelist Jodi Picoult.
All I can say and what I have learned about life from this movie is that there is no control over life. Death is just death and no one really understands at all. Let's celebrate life even though there is death around us.
Acting wise, I love how Cameron Diaz holds herself as serious actress and Abigail Breslin's (Anna Fitzgerald) character is as equally as brilliant too. the acting is so powerful yet restrained, strong yet engaging.
A highly recommended movie from me.

No comments:

Randomly click me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Random followers