Friday, December 11, 2009

the year that was in music 2009

Best rock song
Kings of Leon-Use somebody
2009 rock anthem.

Best R&B song of 2009
Jason Derulo-Whatcha Say
Jay Sean-Down

Best electronic/pop song of 2009
Owl City- Fireflies
His first breakthrough single and and many more to come.

Best Latin/Pop
Alejandro Sanz feat Alicia Keys-Looking for paradise
One of the biggest artiste in R&B meets with one of
the biggest artiste in Latin music industry.

Best country music
Taylor Swift-You belong with me
Phenomenal year. ending the year 2009 with a total of 8
Grammy nominations for the 2010 Grammy awards

Best latin/dance
Pitbull-I know you want me

Easy listening song
I'm yours-Jason Mraz
Became the longest ever single to stay on the Billboard Charts, with a total of 76 weeks.

Best Annoying song that gets to your head
Single Ladies
Poker face
Two things:
They don't really make much sense, but the repetitive beats are
enough to make you hum to the music secretly

Concert of the year 2009
Jason Mraz Live KL-4 March, Stadium Negara
All I can say is that I am honoured to be one of the concert goer who went to this concert. Effortless showmanship qualities, a great voice and infectious songs makes this concert the best of 2009

Best find of 2009
Xavier Rudd
An artist from the land down under. Notable for his laid back style and easy going lyrics
Owl City
I love Owl City because the songs are accessible to the ear with a mixture of electronic, pop, and funk.

To look out for 2010
Imogen Heap

This is my choice for songs that impacted my year in 2009. A lot could have been mention, but all the artiste in the list stood out above the rest.
What would your choice have been?

No comments:

Randomly click me

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Random followers